Sunday, February 3, 2013

Hup Hoop Ho Ha

I'm getting a bit confused at this point as to which strips have posted, and which are yet to post. This confusion is brought about because I've been posting now for several years, and my archives didn't transfer in an orderly way to my new computer. So, if I duplicate here and there from now on, forgive me, but I'll do my best.

Kelly seemed to love bringing baseball and football into the strip and here they overlap a bit.

Hey! Happy Sunday, Kelly Sunday!

September 28, 1969

5 comments:

  1. Nice one, Thom (even if it's without Groundhog Day reference)
    See, if you spoil your "audience", they get picky...

    Thanks!

    Hun

    PS: I believe I have archived all Pogo Sundays you have posted up to now; this one was not in the collection. I can mail you a listing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed out loud. Again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hun, I don't care how much you deny it, I OWE you an email. It's just been so darn foibilty-mobbed around here. Expect one within a week (I hope).

    ReplyDelete
  4. anyjazz, glad to hear it. Hope you weren't drinking milk at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are many things that I like about Pogo, but what makes it funny to me is exemplified by the third panel. There's an absence of sanity checking amongst these characters. Instead of lapses being recognized as such, confusions are amplified — in this case, Albert runs indefinitely for a goal-post that cannot be found.

    ReplyDelete