Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Thought I Saw an Otter

The Adventures of Peter Wheat #28, as always courtesy of OtherEric of the Digital Comic Museum. His words come after.
















OtherEric:

Here we go back to single issue stories. Kelly continues his playing with scale here, with the Rock-Norse being as small to Peter as Peter is to a normal human, and with the contrast between the Otter and the Shrew. It also features a couple of amazing fight scenes. I've said it before and will probably say it again: Kelly could have been one of the great adventure strip artists if he wanted to; his fights are just perfectly choreographed and executed. And as always his ability to convey emotion in his characters' expressions is unsurpassed.

Thom:

I really like stories where enemies become friends.

3 comments:

  1. Peter Wheat MAKES my week! Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff, you said that Pogo makes your Sunday, and Peter Wheat makes your week. I think we got ya covered for a while, buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just finished reading this great story--it shows how well drawn "people" were in these stories--I am reading these on a 32" monitor & they look great--I picked this up at Best Buy a couple weeks ago [a 32" dynex tv] $259 cost----this really shows detail--charlie

    ReplyDelete