Sunday, December 27, 2009

On the First, Second and Third Day

The Twelve Days of Christmas are traditionally the festive days beginning on Christmas Day and ending on January 5, the day before the Feast of the Epiphany. The song, of course, demonstrates that gift giving can be a continuous activity during this time.

Thirty-eight years ago today, this daily appeared in the paper and really stood out as pretty unusual for Pogo at that time. I was a month away from shipping out to boot camp, and yet there I was, still clipping daily Pogos for posterity. Looking at this and the next few clippings in their original printed size, I'm surprised how small they are, and how hard to see the details, even looming in close.

Kelly put such loving detail into each panel that I'm pleased I can now scan these at much larger size and scrutinize them as they deserve to be seen.

Come back over the next few days to see this played out in its entirety.


1 comment:

  1. I love the Turtle doves on Albert in the second panel :)
    thanks for sharing this Thom.
    best,
    r/e

    ReplyDelete